Friday, March 9, 2012

When You Don't Have Anything to Write About...

     Good old Friday night. After reading the blogs I follow, which aren't that many, I realized it's been a month since I've posted to my own blog.  A month? Dang!  Lazy? No way! Busy is more like it.  So, as I'm typing these words to take up space, my mind is swirling - desperate for a topic. The same old question that plagues us all, "What do I write about?" is flashing like a neon sign above my head. Advice? Not in a position to give it.  Really I'm not, but some think I am. Submission opportunities? Maybe, I have a few. Format? Nah, not in a serious mood.  After all, my husband is in the next room watching an old KISS concert and all I can hear is "You wanted the best, you got the best..." Blah, blah, blah...Don't get me wrong, I liked KISS - when I was 12! We're all different, I know, but come on.  We actually went to a KISS concert about ten years ago and YES IT WAS AWESOME! See, I'm rambling with no focus, just typing words.
     Wait!  Yeah, I have an idea. Check this out...

     Since I don't want to give advice or discuss formatting, spelling, or grammar right now, or anything else  along those lines I'll fill you in on a secret.  Well, it's not really a secret, more like something INCREDIBLE that recently happened to me. Whatever you do, be sure to subscribe to Southern Writers magazine. Yes, it's $10 a copy, but hopefully in the next issue you'll see an interview by me with actor, poet, painter, photographer, and writer Viggo Mortensen. Yes, the actor from "The Lord of the Rings" movies, and "A History of Violence," "Hildalgo," and "The Road," to name a few of his films. Shameless promotion I know, but what the hey - told you my mind is grasping at anything to write about right now. So, I'll let you in on what I told my writing group. No, I didn't meet the man. It was all through email through his manager but it's still an interview. And yes, I received permission from Mr. Mortensen to pitch it. What started out as an email, resulted in an interview.  How about them apples?  Yeah for me!!!

P.S. Sorry for the ramblings, even I get writer's block.


2 comments: