Piece it Together
a Short 12-day Contest
Okay, something fun and different. It’s a contest with free books as prizes! (Not the books listed. These are some of my faves and I’m not parting with them. ha ha)
Rules: Just match the letters in the column on the right to the numbers in the column on the left. You must leave your answers as a comment on this blog. The person(s) with the most correct matches wins. Start thinking (or researching) now.
Contest opens Mon, March 19th and ends at midnight, Fri, Mar 30th.
Winners announced on March 31st!
1. The Scarlet Letter A. Four generations of women from Louisiana.
by Nathaniel Hawthorne
2. Day out of Days B. This author also wrote “Angela’s Ashes."
by Sam Shepard
3. The Outsiders C. Where Big Sam is the plantation foreman.
by S.E. Hinton
4. Pictures at a Revolution D. An in depth look into the life of a rebel from
by Mark Harris
5. Teacher Man E. A family of men named
, and Aaron. Adam, Cal
by Frank McCourt
6. Slingblade, a Screenplay F. The main character is Ponyboy Curtis.
by Billy Bob Thornton
7. East of
G. A detailed comparison of five films. Eden
by John Steinbeck
H. Hester Prynne defies Colonial America. Cane River
by Lalita Tademy
9. Gone With the Wind
Carl kills Doyle to protect Frank.
by Margaret Mitchell
10. James Dean, a biography J. A collection of short stories and poetry.
by Val Holley
Thanks in advance for playing!