Saturday, March 10, 2012

"What's imagination?" she asked.

     Today while my husband was at work, I took my stepdaughter, and her friend who's spending the weekend with her, to the Chinese restaurant in DeRidder for lunch. The girls finished eating before me, imagine that - teenage picky eaters that don't eat their $10 worth at a buffet! Go figure. As they broke open their fortune cookies, my stepdaughter's friend read her fortune aloud. It had something to do with imagination.
     She looked at me and asked, "What's imagination?"
     My heart sank. I couldn't believe it. Not wanting to embarrass her or my stepdaughter, I thought of a simple description and left it at that. Just now when I told my husband, he said. "Poor girl." My thoughts exactly.
     It's one thing when a child asks that question, but if a teenager were to ask you, "What's imagination?", what would you say?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't imagine living without knowing imagination! How many times a day do we use it without even knowing? Probably a million. Imagination is what lets us see things that others can't and create things that weren't there before. Without this ability life would be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete