Saturday, January 28, 2012

Inspirations Anyone?

As a writer, I find inspiration all around me:  conversations, traffic, watching people (and listening), photos, memories, thoughts, gestures, mannerisms, etc....

Have you ever based a piece of work, say a poem or short story, on another piece of work?  I have.  Twice actually.  They're short poems, but inspired by another person's creation.  I always include the credit at the top of the piece, and verbalize it each time I share them aloud.  Just curious if anyone else has ever based your work on someone else's.  If so, how did it go?  Naturally, I'm not advocating taking credit for another person's work.  That's PLAGERISM - HELLO! 

Since we're all creators, and inspirations come from everywhere (and from no where sometimes), how do you incorporate your ideas into someone else's?  Just curious.

If you've never tried it, and something hits you - a song, a movie, a book, a photo, try it.  If you get stuck on writer's block, millions of resources are out there.  Just please remember to give proper credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment